Wintertime is a stunningly beautiful time of year. I see beauty in pictures of snow-capped mountains and icicles forming on tree branches, there is just so much natural beauty to behold! I love the view in my backyard of the trees, now bare of their leaves holding blankets of snow – as long as I am inside my warm home holding a hot cup of tea.
Yet, with arctic temperatures and lack of warm sunshine, this can also be the least inspiring time of year. For many, it is the trigger for seasonal depression. The harsh winter climate can take its toll on us physically and mentally.
During the colder months, do you tend to lose sight of your goals, becoming absorbed into the dreariness and drabness of the air around you? If so, Spring is your opportunity to wake up and feel rejuvenated!
Yesterday I raked out bags full of leaves from my front-yard landscaping. Underneath all those leaves I found my lilies already sprouting out of the ground. My excitement grew as I started to change my focus from those fallen leaves to anticipation of the beautiful blooms that will be visible in a couple of months.
Springtime is the perfect season for placing renewed focus on your goals. As the dreariness starts to wear away and natural, warm beauty starts to peep through the clouds, the leaves are raked away, your mission can be to gain inspiration from what’s around you and pick up where you left off with a whole new outlook.
Ideal Goals to Work Toward During Springtime
As you observe what’s re-emerging around you, a good plan is to focus on the following goals:
Health. When you feel good, you can more easily achieve the life you desire. Devote a lot of attention to your physical, emotional, and mental goals. How will you strengthen your health and happiness?
Financial wellness. Where are you in relation to your financial goals? Tax-time can take its toll on many and remind us of the need to be financially healthy. It’s been 2 years since the country shut down due to Covid. This brough financial awareness to the surface. Making and renewing your financial plans can motivate you to take new action toward your financial goals.
Fitness. Getting your body in shape during springtime lets you take advantage of God’s amazing
Ideas That Will Help Your Goals Turn into Achievements
- Head back to the gym OR start an exercise program of walking outdoors. You’re probably like many others who find it hard to head out to the gym during cold winter days (and the COVID limitations). After all, it means jumping out of a warm bed and into the cold outdoor weather. And it’s perhaps just as hard to start back your workouts after such a long break. But the beginning of spring is the best time to resume because:
• It’s the beginning of the warm months, so it’s much easier to get out of bed and get going!
• It’s the perfect season to get inspired by nature because there’s so much growth and beauty taking place outdoors. Trees, flowers, and even animals show their ability to prosper after the cold of weather, which is an indication that you can successfully do the same! Check your local area for walking trails. Exercise and enjoy the beautiful outdoors at the same time. Ask a friend to join you!
- Plan a new diet. A new, refreshing season is the perfect time to start a new diet. Winter is traditionally a season of festivities, which often involves much eating and drinking. And while the festivities are great, they can also wreak havoc on your body. Combat the excess by starting a healthier, more result-oriented diet. Consider too, instead of a diet, create a new eating lifestyle. Starting now will make the next winter season easier to manage.
- Get your annual checkup. Springtime is the season of new beginnings, which also makes it a great time to focus on your physical health. Annual checkups can clear you for your exercise plans and alert you to any concerns you may need to address.
- Set a schedule for settling debt. Because springtime quite easily inspires renewed focus on goals, this would be a great time to make a plan for settling debt. Whether you have credit cards or car loans, setting a schedule for settling those debts and sticking to it needs to be one of your primary achievements. Settling these debts will help relieve a major stressor in your life.
It is almost inherent for us to feel inspired when winter months have come to an end and warm spring months are drawing closer. When you see the world around you renew itself and prosper, you can’t help but feel inspired!
Change, renewing, doesn’t happen overnight. It is like climbing a staircase. You can’t get to the top without taking each step. Take one step today. You have started! Now keep moving forward. Your goals are within reach.
Change your PERSPECTIVE, explore POSSIBILITIES, see the new PATHWAYS open, and PROCEED toward your goals.