Most of us avoid discomfort at all costs. It’s the biggest limiting factor for most people. If you could handle discomfort better, you would never procrastinate, never quit a diet, exercise every day, and complete everything you ever wanted to accomplish. You would most likely live a much more exciting life.
Follow this process to become more comfortable with discomfort and set yourself free:
- Start with something that is difficult, but not too challenging.
- Start slow. You can always add a little bit of time or extra challenge later.
- Push through a little discomfort. Avoid allowing yourself to quit at the first urge to stop.
- Observe your discomfort. As you take note of your discomfort and learn not to become emotionally involved in your discomfort, you will notice the discomfort lessen.
- Take a deep breath and force yourself to smile.
- Continue to push a little further each time. You will notice the process gets easier.
How will you get started?
As a life coach, I help you find the strength within you to begin taking those small steps. Schedule a time to talk.